Looking for an authentic Caesar salad recipe? Did you know the Caesar Salad originated in Mexico? This salad is absolutely marvelous and has all the rustic, and crisp flavors and true authentic Caesar should have!
- 1 coddled egg
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced + extra clove to rub on bowl
- 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1/8 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon juiced (about 1/8 cup)
- Add Fleur de Sel + Pepper to taste
- Whisk olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste, dijon, lemon, Fleur de Sel + Pepper together. Set aside to dress your salad.
- Rub your bowl with a clove of garlic. (preferably a wood bowl)
- Crack your coddled egg into the bowl and whisk with a fork, swirling around the bottom.
- Roughly tear romaine lettuce into your bowl. Add croutons, parmesan cheese and dressing.
- Toss very well. Add Fleur de Sel + Pepper to taste. Serving on chilled plates makes this salad extra special!