This spring pea salad has sweet peas, snap peas, snow peas and pea sprouts!! Oh, and don’t forget the savory crisp bacon! This is is such a great salad to bring to parties, picnics and BBQ’s. A classic for your recipe books!
- 5 cups frozen peas thawed
- 1/2 cup snow pea pods or Chinese pea pods
- 1/2 cup snap peas
- pea sprouts for garnish
- 1 (8 oz) can of sliced water chestnuts drained
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 creme fraiche, plain yogurt, or sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of Fleur del sel
- 1/2 cup of cooked bacon crumbled
- Combine peas and pea pods with the water chestnuts and red onion in one bowl. Set aside.
- Combine mayo, creme fraiche, white pepper and sea salt. Gently fold into pea combination to evenly coat.
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Add crisp bacon prior to serving.
- Crown with beautiful pea sprouts and enjoy!