We are so thrilled to share this AMAZING citrus salad with you! This salad doesn’t mean to be vain but it truly has it all. Beauty, simplicity and delicious-ness! We chose kale because of its nutrition packed profile and its gorgeous deep green color. It holds up excellent for parties and the late-comers to the dinner table! We dressed the greens with an outstanding dressing using fresh orange juice concentrate. This is a very fun ingredient to play with! … But, little goes a long way, so be careful—and probably stick to the the recipe for your first time around.
- Citrus: Blood Orange, Cara Cara Orange & Navel Orange
- Farmer’s Cheese or fresh mozzarella
- Candied Pistachios: pistachios, butter & brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp white balsamic
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 pinches fresh orange zest
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Finish with our Bitter Orange + Fleur de Sel
- We peeled and sliced our Blood Oranges, Cara Caras, and Navels. The blood oranges tend to be slightly drier and may not slice like this every time depending on the crop.
- For our candied pistachios, we melted butter and brown sugar, and tossed them together in a skillet, before throwing them in the oven on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees and baking until crispy. When cooled, roughly chop and add this candied goodness to the top of your salad alongside the Farmer’s Cheese.
- Have you ever tried Farmer’s Cheese? It’s wonderful. Very mild, slightly salty and crumbles well. You should be able to find it at most of the nicer grocery stores.
- Whisk your dressing ingredients together, drizzle, and toss!